Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Declaration of Self-Esteem by Virginia Satir



My Declaration of Self-Esteem by Virginia Satir 


Do I know myself? Do I accept myself as a whole? Can I stand for myself and be responsible in everything I do? These are the questions I have while and after reading the entire poem. Knowing and accepting her whole being is her main focus as she entitled it “My Declaration of Self-Esteem”. 

As I said, I have questions in my mind that puzzles me while reading the poem so I came to think about myself, how I look upon myself in school, in our home, and anywhere in the community. I do wonder if I am really aware that everything I am is because of my very own choice and my very own decisions. I also thought about my successes and failures, that they were made and were chosen by me. I thought about my family, my friends, my classmates, if am I able to work and be with them as myself - the real me, because still now I am confuse of what I should be, what to believe and what to choose. I am still looking forward as to what I may choose to be each day. Like, I am in my own world of fantasies, dreams, hopes, and fears but still I’m in where I cannot find myself yet and I am trying to know when to see the whole me. 

But when I looked back and remember what I have done alone, I am happy that even though I am not decided yet, I was able to do things which were good and a bit great. And to think of, I did things which were very unexpected that in matter of second like, I dreamed to be someone with position in my former school, in a shy manner I started then I end up seeing myself doing so many things for I have achieved something all alone from my dreams. 

So now, I am starting to think of how I am going to pass this new challenge of life as a college student with that “enthusiasm”. Like what she said, “I own me, and therefore I can engineer me”. And I can say, “ I am already a leader, a teacher, an engineer because I am all to myself”.

No comments:

Post a Comment